Lets talk about Nanoseers abilities. Nanoseer General

Comments

• CrixCrix Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    Can someone shut Wuff/Remilia up before she spams this thread with NSFW images like she's done multiple times to IRE-related Discords? Thanks in advance for euthanizing the human drama elemental.

Related: How does Nanoseer do wetwiring damage? Mind, sensory, and EM seem self explanatory, I just haven't seen the skill to do so yet.
  • RoninRonin Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2019
    Crix said:
    Can someone shut Wuff/Remilia up before she spams this thread with NSFW images like she's done multiple times to IRE-related Discords? Thanks in advance for euthanizing the human drama elemental.

Related: How does Nanoseer do wetwiring damage? Mind, sensory, and EM seem self explanatory, I just haven't seen the skill to do so yet.
    there's no skills to directly damage wetwiring. You'll need to damage mind/sensory down enough that they start giving feedback to the WW system.

This starts at 90%, when they get the first subsystem-related aff, and increases as you damage their systems enough to increase the level of those affs.

I'm not sure what sensory's is, but for mind it's Catatonia
  • XiruXiru Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭
    Crix said:

I haven't actually played with this yet but @Ronin has. Check out the spreadsheet:
    Ronin said:

Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • CrixCrix Member Posts: 3
    Neat. That makes a lot more sense, thanks for elaborating!
  • SairysSairys Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    Wuff said:
    Sairys said:
    There's a couple handy things with that lesson investment just the groupings split them up.

Negation blocks the next incoming attack, ripples seems like might be handy if you group up with other nanos (ripple then coordinate to hit different targets), sunderer itself buffs nano damage.

I guess my frustration is that making full use of all of that with frenzy is soo many balances between each fight if you're only using frenzy at the start. (I.e end combat in sunderer > swap progenitor > negation > channel off > channel conqueror > frenzy > sunderer start combat) but that many balances is generally more than enough to kill something appropriate for my level.
    Negation can be kind of ignored. It’s nice if you can apply it as a free buff before battle, but eh. Fury hits between the blocks, Nanoseers have our DoT stuff (and damage isn’t what we should be doing anyway) 

Ripples will hit your allies, and if used hunting, will hit multiple mobs and aggro them into you. Nanoseer Damage is subpar too, so.

Sunderer isn’t worth the effort and isn’t going to see much use other than Breakdown.

Our best oblivion technique is to stay in Conqueror or Traveller then to cast Frenzy/Speedup every fight, alongside your two obligatory repairs.

I might throw up some ideas to rework some Oblivion stuff.

After that I’ll do Voidism and Nanotech, so people have a clearer idea about what I’m complaining about and how I think things should work compared to how they do.
    I'm just bashing at the moment, but that would be why I noted the frustration at how we have these potentially useful tools in our kit but the gating well... gates them out of usefulness.

If I could use the ones I noted together (excluding ripples) i'd probably be able to kill the small leeches and algerions in Goribar without being hit, in turn being able to take two or three at a time without worrying about pausing for a breather. The large leeches I'd also take down more easily.

A tweak that enables this might be having an empyreal that combines the bashing utilities of other empyreals, while ensuring that doesn't break PvP of course and I'd defer to experienced PvPers on that.
  • zacczacc Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    I like negation as it is. In PvP, probably not so great (I don't PvP so IDK), but it's been very useful and convenient for me in PvE. Played the glass cannon build in other games, so being able to negate damage even if for a single hit is nice, particularly when bashing.
  • AristaArista Member Posts: 59 ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I too use negation a ton as is in pve.

Your maladies suggestion is way too OP since the drawback is supposed to be you have to let yourself be afflicted if you want a big bomb. Getting to maladies affs you block and cure gives you best of both worlds. Why remove affinity and jolt? I love Jolt in theory (it seems bugged atm, as it hasn't reduced a single CD but I bugged it).

Flex and omnichannel kind of eliminate the point of swap, so I think it'd make more sense to just remove swap CD like I mentioned before.

I think I'd like the balance cost of speedup/slowdown reduced. You're giving a buff or penalty to everyone so it doesn't seem like it has to cost an attack's worth of balance. I think it should be close to free in terms of balance.

Interdict CD is too long, I agree.

• IllidaenIllidaen Member Posts: 40
    Yes, slowdown does the obvious opposite room-wide slowdown mobs/players alike. 
    Maladies doesn't respect the allies list?
    edited January 2019
    Is that a bug or intended? What is the purpose of enemies/allies lists if abilities aren't going to use them.
    It'd be nice if we could see when wetwiring procs, even if we can't see what it cures. Maybe add that as an effect to rattle, even. Currently, rattle seems like a lesser version of wireblock so that could add a unique element to it.
  • SozaSoza Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Re read, Its now 7 stacks of freeze

• PoetPoet Member Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    Let's talk about the information skill group.  I like scan, and I love alertness- now that I've coded them both to ignore all the bots and turrets that clutter up our world. Analyze is good too. That leaves, of course: envelop, relay and control.  I'm not really a fan of these three skills, but I'm willing to hear if people find them useful.

Envelop seems like it should be a stealth skill, but it has an effect line. I'm sure everyone has already coded in the 'that was nothing right' line with a highlight to show that they've been infiltrated. That pretty much removes it from being an information skill and makes it combat-utility, in that if you aren't in combat- you are about to be, cause nobody wants to be surveilled. And that basically leaves its only purpose as a pre-req for relay and control.  Yes, I know you can envelop some things that aren't players, but there's still a notification. In any case, aren't Scoundrel's supposed to be the spies? 

Relay would let you follow someone around I suppose, but I just don't feel the love for it.  Plus it's gated behind envelop and it's just not useful enough to have a pre-req in my opinion, especially when you can't do any of it while invisible or with stealth. So, you can hear what they hear and follow them around, but they are SO going to know you are doing it. It basically makes us the creepiest, most obvious stalkers of all time.

Control is clearly not an informational skill at all. It's what let everyone steal things in MKO, but since you can't have anyone give you anything its usefulness is limited to screwing with priorities or having them unwield things. Remove the prereq and put it somewhere else if we need to keep it.

I'd personally be happy to lose all three of these and have them replaced with something that provided additional information. Something that let you probe a terminal and set it to a lower challenge level perhaps, or smart dust that we could leave that would record people moving through an area.
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
    I like relay, moreso for chasing someone you are in combat with than stalking someone. 

Control would be cool if it didn't cost a ridiculous amount of balance. You have to use control, but then you also have to order them, and ordering has like a 4 second balance iirc.
  • SairysSairys Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    The gating with relay seems like it lets you use it remotely which can be handy cause you could bring it up if they got away.

Also with control couldn't you time a delay with forcing the target to remove a relevant defence? Or something similar in a group situation. Maybe forcing an Empyreal swap?

Just remembering that one of the bigger uses for Pooka's in Lusternia (which also let you control an enemy) was turning off a defence which opened up a strategy the defence otherwise prevented.
  • ShinonomeShinonome Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    Just some general nanoseer feedback, if any devs happen to read this:

Currently I feel like nanoseer bashing is the least newbie-friendly of all the classes. Multistrike-freeze-swarm is very weak without some of the higher investment buffs, and suffocate is difficult to use without triggers to auto refresh it every time a mob hits you.

I'd like to suggest experimenting with the following changes:
    -Keeping up freeze, multistrike, and healing yourself leaves very little room for swarm. So first, I'd like to suggest extending freeze. If it can't simply be lengthened due to standard affliction curing times, I suggest making freeze apply 2 stacks for every cast in pve.
    -Make multistrike tick 5 times instead of 3, reducing the number of times it needs to be recast.
    edited January 2019
    Shinonome said:
    Just some general nanoseer feedback, if any devs happen to read this:

Currently I feel like nanoseer bashing is the least newbie-friendly of all the classes. Multistrike-freeze-swarm is very weak without some of the higher investment buffs, and suffocate is difficult to use without triggers to auto refresh it every time a mob hits you.

I'd like to suggest experimenting with the following changes:
    -Keeping up freeze, multistrike, and healing yourself leaves very little room for swarm. So first, I'd like to suggest extending freeze. If it can't simply be lengthened due to standard affliction curing times, I suggest making freeze apply 2 stacks for every cast in pve.
    -Make multistrike tick 5 times instead of 3, reducing the number of times it needs to be recast.
    Extending freeze would actually make shatter viable, depending on how long it's extended. As it stands one stack of freeze lasts for 9s(on mobs at least), and stacking any amount of freeze on a target is nearly impossible solo unless they're prioritizing something other than afflictions.

The aff can be cured by WW, and also passively wears off, making it very unreliable when it comes to sticking it. You would need to afflict and damage subsystems enough that you can get off 13 freezes in a row without being interrupted or them running. At this point you can more than likely breakdown or mindmelt much quicker.

tldr: extending freeze will make PVE better, while also helping make shatter a more viable kill route

log of the shatter, her prios were health-sys-aff:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/502565140521025577/535094476729876490/unknown.png
  • NuzirNuzir Member Posts: 11
    Latest balancing update on Nanoseers is out:
    -- Updates - #96 --------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 01/18/2019 at 17:02
    Author: Garryn, the Reshaper
    Subject: Balancing pass: Nanoseer.
    Nanotech:
    * Analyze now only shows information relevant for the class instakills, not a full diagnose
    * Distract and Sluggish no longer cure an affliction, they just give one
    * Architect empyreal now correctly reduces the tied nanite costs
    Voidism:
    * The 'frozen' affliction now gives internal damage for each stack, not only for the first one
    * The 'frozen' affliction stacks now wear off every 8 seconds (up from 6)
    * Roomdrain now gives 3 'frozen' stacks to each target, and its cooldown has been reduced
    * Rattle now reduces healing abilities too, although the effect is smaller than the one on wetwiring
    * Soothe is now fixed and heals more
    * Suffocate formula rescaled a bit
    Shatter may now be too weak or too strong, going to wait and see how things work out.
    Oblivion:
    * Sanity now regens faster
    * Swap cooldown reduced
    * Mindmelt now requires 6 mental afflictions and 75% mind damage (up from 5 and 50%)
    * Storing a timeline no longer consumes balance or sanity - you still need to have enough sanity to do this, however. The cooldown for storing the timeline remains, but is now shorter.
    * Speedup/slowdown now correctly affect mobs
    * Jolt should now be fixed, also increased its effect
    * Fixed some Oblivion abilities to not be considered aggressive
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a small thing, I guess, but I'm glad to see that Soothe is fixed. There is one bit of it that I still find a bit odd flavor-wise: Void Soothe doesn't affect your sanity recovery, despite it having you "feeling a sense of perfect balance and control in your efforts" as you meditate on the void. I suppose the escape clause here is that it has you "focus your control of the void on drawing the harmful energy out of your cells", but it still seems strange...

edited January 2019
    I'm enjoying the changes so far, Haven't been able to test everything. But I feel like I generate less nanites now and run out way more often. Is it just me?

Edit1: I even switched over to Progenitor, Still feels like I generate too little.
    I've also tested Progenitor, same feeling. 
    Before I just stayed in Traveller 100% of the time pmuch and had no nanite generation issues.
  • MatlkaelMatlkael Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    I am guessing it is speedup affecting mobs. More Repairs needed; plus, each balance used for Repair is a balance not used for Swarm, and so, fights are also a bit longer.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
    Matlkael said:
    I am guessing it is speedup affecting mobs. More Repairs needed; plus, each balance used for Repair is a balance not used for Swarm, and so, fights are also a bit longer.
    I used speedup before when killing mobs, I tried not using it now that its changed and It doesnt matter either way. I normally dont use repair while hunting until the creature is dead or im about to be.
  • kamyrkamyr Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    Haven't done any sparring, so this is mostly based on PvE, theorycrafting, and my feelz. I'm only going to really cover negative things, but my overall opinion is the class is fun and thematically enjoyable.

New stuff comments:

Soothe still doesn't heal subsystems like the ab says. The regen tick is about 10% now.

Nano analyze doesn't report wetwiring subsystem status for Breakdown. EM status would be nice, too.

Timeline feels like it could be a good team support ability now (and I dislike how rare positive support is). timeline enemy'sprimarytarget store, enter fight, revert if needed after a round or two.

Old stuff comments:

AoE feels double-edged in this game, and taking self-damage on top of it exacerbates that. I like multiswarm (not channeled, not self-targeting), roomdrain (the new 3-freeze version is great in single-targt rooms :D -.-) and vacuumsphere (not channeled, have seen it do 1800 at MIL50 after a roomdrain so owie wowie). Even then, use cases feel limited when you'll get eaten alive by the aggro alone or hurt your allies in groups. Barrage feels especially blah for being channeled and self-damaging. Distribution lol, and ripples is like baby distribution. I don't really have any solution, just feels like something that needs a look to me.

Nanotech

I hate rng and wasted attacks. Confound mixes both :(
    I still don't get EM stuff.
    Deaf is a garbage aff effect.

Voidism

I don't get why frozen increases thermal damage.
    Wish I could airgrab an entity and isolate it for a fight. Probably 2stronk.
    You can not use shatter against mobs at this time. D: (Although roomdrain would let 3 nanos clear entire rooms in 2-3 balances now)

Oblivion
    Affinity doesn't feel worth it.
    Wish Conqueror restored some sanity on a PvE kill, maybe even some hp.
    Problem: Distract/sluggush/rattle are cured randomly which makes it difficult to reapply one or all of these afflictions, and applying them when the target has them already wastes a balance.

sol.1: Make re-application not cost balance, as this truly is a wasted attack. It doesn't do anything if they have the aff.

sol.2: make analyze show what affs the target has on top of what we see now. Alternatively just revert the change. I don't see why it was changed anyways

sol.3: give distract and sluggish lines when they've been cured by the target, making it a bit easier to track what's going on with the target

sol.4: make them incurable affs with a duration that scales with subsystem damage, with a line when they've worn off.

Problem2: six afflictions AND 75% mind damage for a mindmelt is brutal to get to in an actual fight

Sol1: 6 affs, 50% mind. This makes it harder to land than before because of confound's RNG, but also won't take forever and a day to get to our kill.

Sol2: remove the RNG from confound. With this much subsys damage it's going to take a while to kill a decent opponent anyways, which is what I assumed you guys were going for?

Sol3: Just revert it? This nerf to mindmelt was really excessive and crippling.

Problem3: Shatter. It's either going to be impossible solo or overpowered in groups.(like EM damage)

Sol1: Remove it and replace it with a sensory-based insta.

Sol2: Remove it and give a skill that afflicts mind affs smartly, with a smaller pool to choose from.

Sol3: Remove it. This would give more time to focus on the kills that're actually balance-able and viable for pvp.
    I was really sad about the analyze change. I'd be less sad if it lost its CD like some of the other classes' checks. It just seemed like a needless nerf of something cool about nanoseer, though. Maybe we could at least get the old analyze effect if they're enveloped?
    edited January 2019
    Arista said:
    I was really sad about the analyze change. I'd be less sad if it lost its CD like some of the other classes' checks. It just seemed like a needless nerf of something cool about nanoseer, though. Maybe we could at least get the old analyze effect if they're enveloped?
    Ouch 10% more of our nanites tied up, just to achieve what we once had and im already having problems generating nanites now. Im pretty sure there was a nanite generation nerf somewhere hidden.
    The only way ive found to keep up with nanite generation and have it feel like it used to, is to slowdown the room so my attacks go off slower and I have more time to build up nanites.
  • AyaAya Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2019
    Having dueled quite a bit and spent a considerable time working with the Nanoseer class, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad a post like the one above would suggest.

Outside of lacking for damage in regards to affliction/subsystem based routes (something other classes have little shortage of) and therefore having to give up offensive momentum for repairing in any matchup that isn't a mirror, there's really not much that's weak. While I can't say yet, it seems likely this is a problem that gets lesser and lesser the higher your level is though that will still depend on the relative damage output of your opponent. So, small adjustments here and there yes, but, overall, everything works quite well.

Previously, Analyze was much too strong and made it far too easy to keep key afflictions up without risk, something that would be doubly true now that distract and sluggish don't cure anything. As it is, the new Analyze is still extremely useful and you can know all you need from it, though, it would be awesome if it included muscular status as well given the class can hit muscular via limbdrain. But, knowing the exact afflictions on every subsystem was overboard.

Mind 25% for mindmelt is perhaps harsh, however, the increased affliction check is likely to factor in how it's far easier to use and upkeep sluggish and distract now, both of which are of course, mind afflictions, so I've no problem with that.

Anyway, suggestion wise, I would adore a way to do something like 'oblivion mindmelt [swap]' to swap to the required channel if needed and you have swap balance, because, as is, it's cumbersome to use swap given the game's queue limitation, something that could also perhaps be applied to Timeline so that it's more user friendly, especially for people with higher latency, to use the off-balance aspect of the skill.
  • MatlkaelMatlkael Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Let's talk about bashing!

Following the changes (particularly to speedup affecting mobs), I tweaked my bashing a bit to this:

- swap or channel traveller
    - speedup
    - swap or channel progenitor
    - multistrike
    - freeze
    - swarm 

--- reapply freeze if it fades
    --- repair when health is below 75%ish
    --- use negation to interrupt attacks

My time to kill is around 34-37s, after all that fiddliness. Meanwhile, in Engineer, all I need is around 350 lessons for bot claw, bot swing, stimjector, and qpc turret for a TTK of 18-21s.

A 13-second difference (minimum) is a lot. I get the allure of the challenge, but I sort of wish that after all of the necessary abilities needed for nanoseer bashing that it'd at least match up to other classes.

edit: my gear

toolkit          8928  
    gauntlet  8945 
    goggles             8630 
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • ZhulkarnZhulkarn Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    To be honest I half-expect our old Analyze to be an artifact or very-exclusive auction piece in the future. Could make a killing as cashout, among some circles. Regardless, I think it was the greatest loss in this patch. Even for PvE I liked checking health, subsystems of mobs etc if not for PvP. 

On PvE department I was too accustomed to hunt with Traveller, now it does not give any advantage but works as a lethal fast-forward button. 

Overally I did not feel too much increase or reduction in PvE performance, except Roomdrain is quite useful if there is only one mob in the room and we can upkeep Affinity easier now. 
    edited January 2019
    Aya said:
    Having dueled quite a bit and spent a considerable time working with the Nanoseer class, I don't think it's anywhere near as bad a post like the one above would suggest.

Outside of lacking for damage in regards to affliction/subsystem based routes (something other classes have little shortage of) and therefore having to give up offensive momentum for repairing in any matchup that isn't a mirror, there's really not much that's weak. While I can't say yet, it seems likely this is a problem that gets lesser and lesser the higher your level is though that will still depend on the relative damage output of your opponent. So, small adjustments here and there yes, but, overall, everything works quite well.

Previously, Analyze was much too strong and made it far too easy to keep key afflictions up without risk, something that would be doubly true now that distract and sluggish don't cure anything. As it is, the new Analyze is still extremely useful and you can know all you need from it, though, it would be awesome if it included muscular status as well given the class can hit muscular via limbdrain. But, knowing the exact afflictions on every subsystem was overboard.

Mind 25% for mindmelt is perhaps harsh, however, the increased affliction check is likely to factor in how it's far easier to use and upkeep sluggish and distract now, both of which are of course, mind afflictions, so I've no problem with that.

Anyway, suggestion wise, I would adore a way to do something like 'oblivion mindmelt [swap]' to swap to the required channel if needed and you have swap balance, because, as is, it's cumbersome to use swap given the game's queue limitation, something that could also perhaps be applied to Timeline so that it's more user friendly, especially for people with higher latency, to use the off-balance aspect of the skill.

What key afflictions are you talking about? It'd make it possible to keep track of distract and sluggish, but everything else is either random or smartly afflicting. Muscular isn't important to us, really, as mind and sensory are the only ones that give feedback into wetwiring, but being able to see everything wasn't really as overpowered as you seem to think.

Mind 25% for mindmelt is definitely a crazy nerf to the class, increasing the afflictions needed was understandable, considering distract and sluggish, but those two affs are just as hard as any other to stick when we can't see what afflictions they have/they cure, and overlapping them wastes balances.