Lets talk about Nanoseers abilities. Nanoseer General

Comments

• RoninRonin Member Posts: 43
    edited January 2019
    -Deleted(but idk how to delete)
    Wuff said:
    Vorn said:
    So first let me say I think Nanoseer has a lot of potential. I don’t agree with people saying they’re weak either. I saw people earlier in the thread asking about void vacuumsphere. Drops an orb that explodes for a lot of damage after what seems to be a varying time frame of 6-10 seconds?. Extra if they’re frozen. Even more if pointzero is down. I’m level 68. My voidsphere currently hits mobs I’m bashing for 1000 if they’re frozen, 1200 if frozen and pointzero, 1500 with frenzy up(with 0 points in psyche. If I max psyche it breaks 2k) If I’m hunting difficult mobs I’ll run conqueror and start every fight with frenzy (mobs in the 65+ areas). If I’m in thait or quarry I run sunderer because frenzy ends up just being a wasteful balance. My bashing rotation kills every mob I fight in 5 rounds, at the sacrifice of 600 self inflicted damage.

Vac Sphere > Multistrike > Freeze > Swarm > Swarm

As far as my thoughts with pvp...I think if you’re just head planting into people without full access to your kit and fully understanding things.

I think Nanoseer as it currently is in 1v1 requires a lot of set up, planning, and picking your battles.

I want to experiment maxing psyche, setting up a room with pointzero and speedup. Delay 3-4 nano affliction attacks, drop a void sphere, and then start spamming freeze. With max psyche and pointzero down my freeze starts at 350 and grows to dealing 480 (600 with frenzy). So hitting for decent damage with freezes as a 1500+ damage sphere hits (self inflicts around 900 if it’s hitting that hard, still think it’s worth it), and your delayed attacks start coming through. In 3 combat rounds you’re hitting for pretty heavy damage, 3 freeze stacks (I’m not sure if vacuumsphere applies a 4th), and whatever delayed whether you chose to do The beginning of a mental affliction stack with confound/eyestrike, or raw damage and subsystem damage with multistrike/multiswarm/swarm. 

Then timeline, pax or interdict and set up a few more delays and a sphere (I think you’ll be able to do 3 balances before needing to revert). Revert them as the delays start coming in and the orb is about to hit (orb is tough because the timer feels random to me, delay feels like 9 seconds but I’m not sure.

Still not really sure about EM damage. Not sure if it’s bugged or I just don’t understand what it is or how it works, but if it does work and we can land affinity on a target, that combined with frenzy and a techcraft maxed Nanoseer..., you can really frontload a ton of damage.

yeah I’ve been up all night bashing and these are my morning ramblings about what I’m envisioning the class be able to do.

Vacuumsphere nukes you in exchange for most of it's damage, and gives people a more than reasonable chance to take cover. If anything, it is a pretty good way of forcing people to move, but I wouldn't say that it's the best at dealing damage in any way. Outgunned could hit for similar numbers in the same time frame while actually doing something before about 15 seconds into a fight. The 600 damage you're dealing to yourself will also bring every mob onto you and seems pretty risky.

The talk about not understanding things is way off the mark when you've sort of badly stumbled through numbers tested against... Mobs...? Also, not max level, so opinion invalid by the rules of these types of conversations on balance?

Again, you seem to not understand how things work, so these types of comments are just blatant shitflinging and casting vague shade at people without being honest about it?

Delay 3-4 nano affliction attacks... To do what? Land 4 of potentially the same affliction after long into a fight with no damage pressure or other pressure? 

No one is headplanting into people without full access of our kit. Myself and Ronin have tested quite a few of these things, both of us have sufficient lessons to test stuff out, and I think both of us have used our class resets to test things out of our reach. The stuff we can't test out from other classes we've looked at other people for. The only people that seem to be behind us in bashing by your numbers are Engineers by one balance, but they don't nuke themselves to do it.

"Picking our battles" means not fighting anyone unless they're a subpar combatant or haven't used their skills and stats properly.

You realise the damage you deal to mobs is drastically increased than what you deal to players, right? The damage you'll be doing to enemies is more similar to the damage you're taking. Except some enemies will have better resistance. Some worse, too, but still. 

What exactly are you doing with Pax and Vacuumsphere? Or Timeline/Interdict? 

Your vision doesn't work. Nanoseer needs some work done. Please stop trying to fuck with that?
    If you had've read the post right below that one, I outlined most of this, but without being a dick about it. You've just parroted what other people said since.

Re: Picking our battles...no. I've been killing Mavis, Jakoby, Ren, etc using nanoseer. Once again, you need to learn what your skills do. Run the numbers, figure out your kill route, and practice.

I haven't used a class reset but I am tri-trans e. I don't think we've actually done any testing, but if we have it was before mindswap and some other stuff was fixed? I haven't sparred any other seers but @Arista and I got my ass handed to me, but definitely learned from it. 

damage between players and mobs isn't very drastic, about 25% more against mobs from what I've seen(Not that I've really checked for this. Just going off the numbers I remember from vacsphere/barrage)

Nanoseer does need work, but I don't think @Vorn denied that anywhere? It's unwieldy, unreliable, and frustrating at times, but it's not really weak anymore.

If you are a little Nanoseer reading this and looking to get into combat, you will want Delay in Nanotech, Mindmelt in Oblivion, and Minddrain in Voidism. These will give you the bare minimum required to get a kill. It's not as complex skill-wise as it might seem, and I'm more than willing to help out. OOC tells aren't an issue either.
  • VornVorn Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2019
    Wuff I apologize if you feel like I was shit-flinging. As I mentioned at the bottom of the post I had been up all night bashing fueled by coffee and energy drinks and was laying in bed half asleep reading all this with one eye open. I wish I hadn't felt so moved to post at the time because I was delirious and rambling like crazy, and it took me a good 25 minutes to compose that rambling post. I admit a lot of it didn't make sense, or was inaccurate. I also realize that my numbers are purely pulled very vaguely from the recent bashing I had been doing.

My overall thoughts basically are me just feeling like Nanoseer is getting a lot of shit right now as a class from people and I don't see how that can be possible for a game and class that are only a few weeks old. There's a lot to still figure out, especially how having max level, max level gear and armor/weapon mods will play out.

Edit: I also explained my bashing rotation, which is not freezing people to death. Depending on the mob I am fighting 

Vacuumsphere > Freeze > Swarm > Swarm or Vacuumsphere > Multstrike > Freeze > Swarm > Swarm

• AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    It’s not as bad as you’re making it out to be though. Arista has been doing mostly okay with Nano, with some more levels I’m sure she can kill 90% of anything that won’t damage her out
  • SlanderSlander Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    Yea, at least as far as hunting is concerned, I've never had to hunt below my level. Just got to 40 and went to Delta Deck, I'm fine as long as I pay attention to what I'm doing. 
    I'm gone.
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Mavis is a fury. Maven is a scoundrel.
    edited January 2019
    Jakoby is a scoundrel though. And uh...I healed, focused mind via confound/mindswap, and interrupted their unload with eyestrike. Right now mindswap is giving distract which is counter-productive, and pretty annoying, but the passive subsys damage is nice and definitely helps speed up.

Once again. I don't think anyone said it was perfect as it is. All of the classes need work, and Nanoseer is definitely rough, but you're making it sound way worse than it really is and I don't think you've done much testing since the updates that nerfed scoundrel's damage and fixed some of our skills @Awruun / @Wuff

If you knew your skills like you're saying, you wouldn't think our spying is so bad, our subsystem damage can outpace most others, and extend will be useful. They've already said there's not going to be arti weapons or armors.
    Wuff said:
    Well... You're wrong. I don't really know any other way to say this, but you're just wrong, Ronin...

I know my skills. Our spying is broken by a LOOK, and I imagine there are a hundred other ways that scripts could probably circumvent it without any real effort.

The only time I've ever heard about Nanoseer spying was you being enemied to Song for being caught out doing it, meanwhile there are like 5 unbreakable (still?) bugs in some places at any given time.

Extend is 10% once for 500 marks. At 100, that's 10 days, at 120, that's 12. 

I imagine we'll have artifacts to place on weapons which will make them permanent. There's already plans to make them resetting, so.

If we don't get weapon artifacts, it's more likely that people will just cycle weapons upwards. There seems to be a decent amount of variance between items of the same levels for this to be a concern.

Extending entire armour sets for 10-12 days seems... Not viable.

It also doesn't touch the repair costs either, which I imagine will be far more noticeable when/if people stick to one set of armour or weapons for a long time. 

It's all well and good to look on the positive side of things and be all rose-coloured in our views towards stuff, but in the end, when we end up being weaker than every other class and lacking the clear role that other classes have, you can only blame yourself for not making yourself heard or airing what you feel is wrong about it.

Edit: And the only numbers and testing I've seen from you are you being nearly killed by sub-20 players.
    A look? I'm not sure what you mean, but I got enemied for that because I was sneaking nanites into ships and meetings they had in private areas without ever enveloping a single person. I'm sorry you haven't /actually/ tested stuff enough to learn how this is possible. The only reason they found out i was spying is because I TOLD them I was, btw. The one I told even tried breaking everything in their ship to try and figure out how i was listening in.

yeah, peeps will likely be cycling through weapons and armor pretty often, but 10% for 500mk isn't bad.
    How much does a level 70 weapon cost? 5k to keep a decent weapon around for twice as long, and being able to do this as often as we'd like, is not bad at all.

Our role is the crazy dude that sacrifices themselves for the team. Oblivion is way to situational, and for the most part i just spam delay and confound which makes it almost laughable to fight with, but nanoseer isn't /weak/ it just needs to be tweaked to be able to keep up to decent combatants. Especially considering how much damage the other classes can lay down without any prep.  

Those numbers aren't the only testing I've done, and still more than you've offered. Let's not devolve to veiled insults yea? The log with Nykara was more to show how easy it is to damage out other classes as a beast, even at level 12.

This is supposed to be a productive discussion, and as i mentioned above, all of the classes need balancing. Seer is definitely not great at combat, but neither of us is level 70+ yet either.
  • DariosDarios Member Posts: 52 ✭✭
    My god you are full of yourself, and a bit delusional. And annoying.
  • SairysSairys Member Posts: 237 ✭✭✭
    Wuff said:
    Ronin said:
    A look? I'm not sure what you mean, but I got enemied for that because I was sneaking nanites into ships and meetings they had in private areas without ever enveloping a single person. I'm sorry you haven't /actually/ tested stuff enough to learn how this is possible. The only reason they found out i was spying is because I TOLD them I was, btw. The one I told even tried breaking everything in their ship to try and figure out how i was listening in.

yeah, peeps will likely be cycling through weapons and armor pretty often, but 10% for 500mk isn't bad.
    How much does a level 70 weapon cost? 5k to keep a decent weapon around for twice as long, and being able to do this as often as we'd like, is not bad at all.

Our role is the crazy dude that sacrifices themselves for the team. Oblivion is way to situational, and for the most part i just spam delay and confound which makes it almost laughable to fight with, but nanoseer isn't /weak/ it just needs to be tweaked to be able to keep up to decent combatants. Especially considering how much damage the other classes can lay down without any prep.  

Those numbers aren't the only testing I've done, and still more than you've offered. Let's not devolve to veiled insults yea? The log with Nykara was more to show how easy it is to damage out other classes as a beast, even at level 12.

This is supposed to be a productive discussion, and as i mentioned above, all of the classes need balancing. Seer is definitely not great at combat, but neither of us is level 70+ yet either.
    Information
    Alertness Who goes there? 
    Scan Survey the area. 
    Mislead It was not me! 
    Analyze Learn everything about them. 
    Envelop Nanites have ears. 
    Relay Watch their every step. 
    Control Your wish is their command. 

Not... One of these skills allows you to do that? There's not really anything to be done, it's just flat out impossible to manipulate nanites like that...? Are you enveloping bots or something...??? 
    Just tested and yeah there's a few things you can envelop which could be, or end up, in a secure location. Smash everything (except props) seems to be the counter
  • XiruXiru Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has only made me love Nanoseer more. 
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • SozaSoza Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to thank all the nanoseers who are here to contribute to the growth of the nanoseer class. However it be that you are here to contribute. I'd also like to state that Id prefer we didnt turn this thread into anything remotely hostile. Keep your comments on the nanoseer class and not insulting other members of the class. If you disagree, describe why you disagree and nothing about the person. I didn't make the thread to have nano's bashing each other. That's what the mobs of starmourn are for. <3 each of you nanoseers.

Interesting fun things I've seen. If you take someones INR while invisibile It seems to tell them what room it is in and not that it is in your inventory. Possibly a bug I havent tested it to the extremes and didnt have the logs of the person it belonged to. So if anyone is in the same situation to test, get back to me on that one. Happy hunting.
    Well, that was a turn for the weird.
    edited January 2019
    He's saying you're the problem, if you didn't catch that. Not others.
    Naturally I'm sure this is gonna result in you raging at me some more.
    I think I intercepted @Maruna 's reply. Otherwise I am sad. :(
    edited January 2019
    Wuff said:
    Maruna said:
    He's saying you're the problem, if you didn't catch that. Not others.
    Naturally I'm sure this is gonna result in you raging at me some more.
    Or perhaps the others are wrong, and stating that having more people makes you right isn't necessarily valid.

See: Geocentrism, Flat Earth, etc.

Not that anyone actually replies to any points I make... Instead they argue at me around them or resort to just name-calling and shit-flinging and doing literally everything they can to avoid looking at what is actually being said. Which says something. 

Edit: For example, you accusing me of being someone I literally have never met, 'nor do I even know the name of, since you aren't going to give that to anyone.
    Her char's name is Maruna...just like mine is Ronin. you're the only one hiding behind a different forum name here, are you not? I've never seen a Wuff anywhere in-game, but everyone seems to think you are Awruun. Geocentrism and flat earthers societies(or whatever they're called) have smaller populations than the peeps that understand how the solar system works, unless you're saying the earth is actually flat and the center of the universe?

As mentioned above, this is supposed to be a civil and productive discussion, I have been countering your arguments and I've been showing logs to prove what i'm saying as well in the fight club. You're more than welcome to post a log of why you think seer is weak, and i'm more than willing to help you figure out what you're doing wrong. I've mentioned this earlier as well but you've not contacted me for some reason, instead deciding to play the victim and "shit-fling" at the peeps that're trying to help.

If you're working on getting into combat then delay, confound, and mindswap are gonna be your best friends and most-spammed attacks. Delay lets you...well, delay an attack, which also means their curing is delayed as well. This gives you a chance to double-tap with confound very quickly, dealing(hopefully) 2 affs and 4% subsys damage in a relatively short time. On top of that mindswap does 2% mind damage per tick as well, giving you even more of a boost towards mindmelt.

You could be focusing on damage or eyestrike too much, and slowing down your progress on mind in turn, which is something I was doing pretty heavy at first as well. I suggest sparring other seers that've been doing decently combat-wise and figuring out what you're doing wrong, and as i mentioned multiple times now i'm more than willing to help.

I also didn't reply to your previous comment because at this point I figure i'm going to be wrong in your eyes. Look at the likes/agrees/whatevers on the posts and you'll see that other seers aren't finding this class as weak as you're trying to make it seem.

edit: ::smndb:: This person does not exist: Wuff
  • MinionMinion Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Well, if you didn't present in such a way that you makes the admin out as idiotic evil overlords and the rest of as equally stupid, people might take you more seriously.

There is a way to present information that doesn't make everyone feel as if they just got violated for having a different opinion. Don't worry, though, you are not alone in doing it. This seems to be a common problem.

I personally agree with a few of your assessments but don't like to admit that because i feel as if i approve of the way it is presented. 
    edited January 2019
    the problem/solution thing was a good idea though. Some of these solutions were already mentioned above, i can't remember names but i belive @Poet, and @Soza were the ones.

I've also been working on adding nanotech and voidism to this sheet to make it a bit easier for peeps to compare our abilities.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bra4_KRK4QlTM9cWTCoOEVLSVIsFmUFwYsoBPJ0jwNM/edit?usp=sharing

edit: @vekron was the one i forgot. Sorry mate!

Problem: Nanoseer's aff output is too unreliable to get a kill off before we're damaged out by a decent combatant.

solution1: Mindswap giving mind affs that don't overlap with confound, instead of picking from the same pool

solution2: Mindswap changing sensory to mind as well as mind to other mind affs.(mentioned earlier)

solution3: alternate skill that doesn't overlap but has a smaller aff-pool than confound(also mentioned earlier)

solution4: Increase the Damage reduction of protect.

solution5: increase confound's aff-pool so there's less chance of overlapping afflictions

solution6: increase void's minddrain to 1.5% per aff instead of 1% per aff. This would make the skill far more useful at it's base requirement of 2affs, instead of matching confound's subsys damage, but without the chance of an afflcition

edit:

Problem2: Oblivion is way too situational and the costs are a bit steep

solution: Decrease the sanity cost on some skills like timeline and swap

solution2: remove the channel on interdict and distribution, and instead limit it to 1 effect per room.

solution3: make the room-wide skills hit enemies instead of enemies and Allies, this opens it up a lot more for group combat.

• MinionMinion Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    There's a way to be a dick but make everyone feel like you just saved their lives with what you said. It's a skill I'm still trying to master. That said, I'll reiterate that I do agree with some of your assessments. Not saying you need to have a solution on every criticism but it helps the admin more if you have a suggestion to make something work better.

Also, you are certainly not the only one that is coming off aggressive in this conversation. Don't feel like I'm piling on.
  • TyeTye Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    This is my favourite thread, and I'm not even a nanoseer. 
    Tye said:
    This is my favourite thread, and I'm not even a nanoseer. 
    I feel like 99% of scatterhome have to be nanoseers. Bc the same thing happens in our city that happens in this thread :awesome:
  • SlanderSlander Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    Nah, I can think of 4 others I know of, two of whom are in my dynasty. There's a ton of scoundrels.
    I'm gone.
    If you actually PK'd outside of a few Cosmpiercers in the first week of the game, then maybe people would take your comments about Nanoseer being bad seriously.
    So far you've provided literally 0 evidence in an actual fight, unlike Ronin who has actively been playing the class versus anyone who wanted to fight. Evidence > Hearsay.
    The fact you'd rather just sit there and pull the childish card of, "Everyone else is wrong!" rather than actually physically prove yourself right, says a lot about you.
    Just a small QoL idea, it'd be handy to have a way to refresh pointzero and speedup.
    Depending on how my bashing goes they seem to be ending mid way through on the third or fourth mobs but I can't just quickly refresh them til they're done.

Maybe a traveller ability to reverse time a little bit for them? Could have a sanity cost and maybe require that you're out of combat if being able to refresh them might cause issues in combat.
  • AdrennAdrenn Member Posts: 13
    I will say as a pretty unskilled IRE player in general, Oblivion seems almost useless outside of speedup or frenzy. Even when bashing at a pretty relaxed rate (the only way I know how to bash) I notice the 15% frenzy drop. If I ONLY use that ability I'm alright but... really?

I understand it's beta. But given that mark doesn't work on reynolds, I've invested over 1100 lessons into oblivion and the only thing I have to show is a mandatory buff to keep up with other bashing. It feels bad.. but not getting speedup.frenzy feels worse.

Again, this for all intents and purposes I'm a noob, but it's discouraging, if nothing else. Also most of voidism feels meh (which lines up largely with what I see of pvp reports thus far) but suffocate almost makes up for it for the time being?

They both kind of feel like Reclamation - which everyone (in my limited experience) said was better gotten AFTER other, non-class specific skills, and sometimes after artefacts. I don't think that's a good place to be.

You all seem to have high level thoughts, just bringing a "younger but not entirely new" perspective to the table?
    edited January 2019
    There's a couple handy things with that lesson investment just the groupings split them up.

Negation blocks the next incoming attack, ripples seems like might be handy if you group up with other nanos (ripple then coordinate to hit different targets), sunderer itself buffs nano damage.

I guess my frustration is that making full use of all of that with frenzy is soo many balances between each fight if you're only using frenzy at the start. (I.e end combat in sunderer > swap progenitor > negation > channel off > channel conqueror > frenzy > sunderer start combat) but that many balances is generally more than enough to kill something appropriate for my level.
    Sairys said:
    Just a small QoL idea, it'd be handy to have a way to refresh pointzero and speedup.
    Depending on how my bashing goes they seem to be ending mid way through on the third or fourth mobs but I can't just quickly refresh them til they're done.

Maybe a traveller ability to reverse time a little bit for them? Could have a sanity cost and maybe require that you're out of combat if being able to refresh them might cause issues in combat.
    On this note I also think you should be able to use frenzy even if you had any number of frenzy hits left as some fights leave you with literally 1 left and you cant refresh it unless you use that hit.
    Wuff said:
    Maruna said:
    If you actually PK'd outside of a few Cosmpiercers in the first week of the game, then maybe people would take your comments about Nanoseer being bad seriously.
    So far you've provided literally 0 evidence in an actual fight, unlike Ronin who has actively been playing the class versus anyone who wanted to fight. Evidence > Hearsay.
    The fact you'd rather just sit there and pull the childish card of, "Everyone else is wrong!" rather than actually physically prove yourself right, says a lot about you.
    Repeating lies doesn’t make them suddenly become the truth. 
    What lies? You're probably one of the least knowledgeable people when it comes to PK. The majority of what you say is wrong, and when you're told that you go full REEEEEEEEEEEEE on them; having a productive discussion with you is like trying to play Lusternia without spending money. Can you attempt it? Certainly. Will it be a fucking awful experience? Absolutely. Literally this response alone is proof of much, I told you to provide proof and you went full spastic.

Are ever going to tell me, and everyone else, who my permabanned and shrubbed alts are? 
    I'm not gonna get myself jailed for disclosing alts on the forums. Please stop flaming.

Or will you just admit you do absolutely nothing but talk shit at any given opportunity?
    No, because unlike you, I don't spread lies. I "talk shit" to you because you who have an obsession for spreading false information about combat. And by 'talk shit' I mean prove you wrong in pretty much every thing you say.

As for 'any given opportunity' - You can see my post history to know this is false, already. I've probably helped more people in the past 24 hours, than you have in your entire cumulative playtime so far.

Thank you for proving my point.