Stuck in the intro?

TectonTecton Administrator Posts: 686 Starmourn staff
edited December 2018 in Questions and Answers
If you were one of the unlucky many that got stuck at the beginning of the intro, this has been resolved, but the fix requires you to delete and restart your character. We've added a "DELETEME" command that you can quickly run to remove your character from the game. You can then recreate with the same or a new name!

I do apologize for the inconvenience of the whole situation, wasn't how we wanted to start the game for you guys either! We hope you'll stick with us, it'll be worth it!

Comments

• a_boi_has_no_namea_boi_has_no_name Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2018
    I did that when the first OOC Announcement about DELETEME popped up, but now I can't log in or create a character through any client, just auto-disconnects. I've tried all lowercase password and using different email and even using a VPN, but same problem every time. So, can't really make an ISSUE ME or anything.

NVM. It's working now, oof. Thanks.
  • dancinkdancink Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for all your hard work, guys - the deleteme command worked for me, had no problems recreating with same name.
  • TyneTyne Member Posts: 7
    Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but every time I log in I get 'No such character found' and get kicked back to the log in screen without being able to run DELETEME - is this a different issue?

Thanks for any help
  • FaranFaran Member, Moderator Posts: 8 Moderator
    Tyne said:
    Not sure if I'm doing this correctly but every time I log in I get 'No such character found' and get kicked back to the log in screen without being able to run DELETEME - is this a different issue?

Thanks for any help
    If no one has responded -- we had an issue with passwords being saved incorrectly. You may need to create a new character.
    Faran said:
    Tyne said:

Thanks for any help
    If no one has responded -- we had an issue with passwords being saved incorrectly. You may need to create a new character.
    Thanks, if there's no other option then I'll start a new character

If I try to remake the character it says the name already exists so I assume the character name I originally wanted and used (Tyne - same as forum name) will be stuck in limbo and unusable :( 
    Tyne said:
    Faran said:
    Tyne said:

Thanks for any help
    Thanks, if there's no other option then I'll start a new character

If I try to remake the character it says the name already exists so I assume the character name I originally wanted and used (Tyne - same as forum name) will be stuck in limbo and unusable :( 
    Thanks for the help but didn't work for me. Have tried new characters and every time I have to re-log I get the same 'No such character found' error. Will start another thread about it.
  • NixNix Member Posts: 4
    Hey there admin folks.  Asking here for some help because I know you must be busy as heck but I have  been stuck in a quest for a while now.  I just named my ship prior to leaving the game and since my return I have not be able to leave the room to go to Gallen III. There are no exits and the NPC's in the room won't talk to me.  So all I can do is sit there because I have no way out, I have tried a bunch of ship commands but because I am  not on a ship nothing is working so my character is just in limbo.  Help would be appreciated!!! Thanks.
  • NixNix Member Posts: 4
    Thank you!
  • OryxOryx Moderator Posts: 112 Moderator
    @Nix - got you unstuck

@Tyne - looks like you got things sorted out?
  • entropyratentropyrat Member Posts: 10
    edited December 2018
    Hey admin friends. "deleteme" doesn't work. Using it is met with "There is no need to do that". I'm stuck when first arriving in Scatterhome and confronted by Loroi slavers. There's no ability to do anything.
  • OryxOryx Moderator Posts: 112 Moderator
    Hey admin friends. "deleteme" doesn't work. Using it is met with "There is no need to do that". I'm stuck when first arriving in Scatterhome and confronted by Loroi slavers. There's no ability to do anything.
    If you can say something on NEWBIE channel we will try to help!
  • entropyratentropyrat Member Posts: 10
    Tecton came to the rescue. Thanks gang.
  • fullplatefullplate Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2018
    Hello friendly devs, I seem to have got myself stuck after the ship tutorial. I ran into a wall and relinquished controls and now hint is telling me to 'sit back and relax' in perpetuity. I can't deleteme either. My character name is Plb - any help would be greatly appreciated!
    EDIT: or maybe I did just have to wait about 10 minutes  *confused*
  • MatlkaelMatlkael Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Not quite the intro but...I seem to be stuck on the cloning process. I can't even MESSAGE, NEWBIE, or ISSUE ME for help!  :(
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
    6 hours, my character is still dead and out in the cloning zone. Should I just stick with a whole new character, at this point? I really want to advance and I'm already level 14 in Mereas, but I'm not sure at this point what to do now.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • TectonTecton Administrator Posts: 686 Starmourn staff
    Matlkael said:
    6 hours, my character is still dead and out in the cloning zone. Should I just stick with a whole new character, at this point? I really want to advance and I'm already level 14 in Mereas, but I'm not sure at this point what to do now.
    Looking into this, @Matlkael

If it helps, my soul or whatever is at A Redeemer station in the warehouse district. (1888)
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • TectonTecton Administrator Posts: 686 Starmourn staff
    I cured you up, you should be good, drop me a message in-game if something's still sideways.
    edited December 2018
    Eep, I see I've full health now. But I still can't do anything; the game just returns "Your clone is in the process of being prepared for you. Please be patient." What I see: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/DUW-JMs_
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
    I LIIIIIIIVE!  <3<3<3
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Not quite the intro, but figure it's as good a place as any to bring it up... I issued myself already, but still...
    So I'm up to the quest on Solace, helping one of Cassandra's friends... Well apparently my quest bugged out and didn't actually update, despite progressing me to the part where I actually go visit Solace... So none of the NPCs are working in (assumedly) the way they're intended to. Can't get out because there's a gate that can't be opened, and can't go back the way I came in either. Can't progress the quest because it still thinks I'm on step one, not... Whatever step I'm actually on.
    Essentially I'm stuck here in limbo-land with no way out. Dying just pops me back at the beginning (which I still can't get out from, because of it being an instanced quest [also assumedly]), and wastes my marks. I can't RESCUE out, either.
    Pls let me play :(
  • MarunaMaruna Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Yay @Eukelade got me fixed. I don't have to apply for residency in Solace.
  • IllidaenIllidaen Member Posts: 40
    I don't know if anyone else is stuck on QUEST 189, but I appear to be trapped there. The quest was to get the key from the Overseer, but upon killing her, she didn't drop a key to progress the quest at all. So now I've been stuck there for the last literal 9 hours and counting. To which, not one mob returned in the entire 9 hours. This has been bugged as well, I think will issue it as well.  I have exhausted all that I could to see if I can get out of the situation myself but to no avail. Rescue doesn't work in that instance, I tried to punch Cassandra and die to get out, but even that didn't work. The clone brought me right back into the same room with her, and it instantly flagged another fight without me initiating it. So that would've been deaths on loop/repeat had I kept at it, or just killed her.  So, any ideas here? If they manage to fix it, please make sure ships and other people that were stuck there gets a reset too since we don't have an artifact yet that you can use to call your ship to a dock where the character is located.
  • zatozato Member Posts: 1
    I am stuck on the 'Into the Fray' quest. After landing, I could not interact with any NPC's, so I relogged. This put me in my spaceship at the edge of the map, I could not land, and I cannot progress the quest any further. I attempted to use the rescue command, but now my ship is floating in space somewhere and I am at Marle Transport Station.
  • EukeladeEukelade Administrator, Moderator Posts: 177 Starmourn staff
    We've done a lot of bugfixing on the Solace and D'haren VI portions of the questline in the past couple of days. I can't promise all the kinks are worked out quite yet, but I am noticing less people getting stuck. (You can also leave Solace if you want to now, by using the control panel in one of the shipping rooms.)
  • LuciusLucius Member Posts: 21
    Is D'haren VI a planet you can only land on once for the main quest? I got the "make my day" quest but after clearing out all of the Krel. Now there are none to kill, and I cant seem to land on the planet again. When I try to land all I get is "You are not currently in flight." which I clearly am..
    You can only land on D'haren VI during the main questline. If you don't help Katka Vem while you're there, you won't be able to make her day...EVER!
    Eukelade said:
    You can only land on D'haren VI during the main questline. If you don't help Katka Vem while you're there, you won't be able to make her day...EVER!
    I has a sad.
    That said, I did make it a little more obvious to people that she has a quest to hand out :) She'll demand that you make her day as soon as she sees you, now.
    Eukelade said:
    That said, I did make it a little more obvious to people that she has a quest to hand out :) She'll demand that you make her day as soon as she sees you, now.
    There may have been a bug there, then. I did not see her at all until after I killed all of the Krel. The overseer too. Its like they had not spawned.