Did Yoga come from Earth?

RocketCatRocketCat Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Roleplay
Sort of a pedantic lore point here, but I've been asking around and there there is no reference in EARTHMEDIA. Say my PC wants to go through a yoga craze... would all the positions be the same? Do we have fossilized Sanskrit words? What's the deal? What do y'all think?

Re: the Yoga mats for sale in Omni.
Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.

Comments

• AureliusAurelius Administrator Posts: 467 Starmourn staff
    Nope, yoga did not come from Earth. I'd say invent your own posture-based stuff instead!
  • RocketCatRocketCat Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Awesome, thanks for the swift response! I may just stake a Shen claim on a range of techniques then :pleased:
    Hi, I'm Ata. Oh and maybe some other people, too. o:) Check out my various packages for Nexus: Vuu combat system, Global Pathfinder, Slicer Tools, Ship compass, JS from command line, Vitals Tracker, and Equipment Manager.
  • tysandrtysandr Member Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    I guess the real question is: did yoga even come from Earth IRL? :chuffed:

vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• RocketCatRocketCat Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Aurelius said:
    Give me an outline of some basics along with appropriate names and I'll even make it official in the lore!
    What a fine suggestion :) ... This is going to send me on an OCD linguist's hunt for phonological exactitude.
  • bairlochbairloch Member Posts: 373 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Decheerans own tree pose. Don't even try to claim that one. And it is appropriately called "Decheeran Pose"
    Downward dog is called "Krona Pose" by everyone except the Krona, who simply don't get it.
  • IorwerthIorwerth Member, Moderator Posts: 18 Moderator
    tysandr said:
    I guess the real question is: did yoga even come from Earth IRL? :chuffed:

aliens.jpg
  • OryxOryx Moderator Posts: 112 Moderator
    I'm sure you'll all be fascinated by the presence of the emotes: treepose, lotus, downdog (also pushups, situps, and limber, for the more conventional exercisers among you)!
  • MinionMinion Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Can we also get pilates emotes?
  • KaxKax Member Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    Would anyone get the reference if I suggested Prude Seal or High-Functioning Autistic Coyote? 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • VielarVielar Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    And now take it into slutty seal, this is a variation on prude seal.